Effective: May 25, 2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information to provide better products and services to you and to comply with our legal obligations.
Through your use of our websites, we may collect personal and non-personal information from you, including:
- Your name, email address, telephone number, or similar information (“Contact Information”);
- Your credit card number, billing address, shipping address, security code, and other payment transaction and verification details (“Payment Information”);
- Pages and products viewed, items added to your shopping cart, ads you clicked on, emails from us you opened, browser type, operating system, IP address, and device information (“Analytical Information”);
- Your mobile OS, a mobile device identifier embedded by us, or other commonly used mobile device identifiers.
We may collect your personal information or usage data from third-parties, including:
- Your email address and other collected personal information about you may be forwarded to Kadant by a third-party website when you request for Kadant to contact you through a third-party website;
- Your personal information may be forwarded to Kadant when you participate in a third-party application or feature, such as one of our social media pages or a similar application or feature on a third-party website;
- Additional personal information may be forwarded to Kadant from third-parties to combine with the personal information we collect through your use of our websites to enhance our ability to serve you, to focus content we provide to you, and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services we believe may interest you.
We will retain your information for as long as your information is needed to provide you products or services, as required to fulfill our legal obligations, or until you tell us to delete your personal information. If you wish to delete your account or request we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we collect will only be used in connection with your business relationship with us and to comply with legal obligations. We use your information to assist you as our customer, to provide you with the information you have requested, to improve our products, to market our products, and note your preferences to provide the best user experience possible.
We use your information for these legitimate business purposes:
Purchases: We may use your Contact Information and Payment Information to allow us to process and fulfill purchases you make.
Customer Service: We may use your Contact Information to respond to your questions about products and services and to communicate with you about relevant products or services.
Analytics: When you use our websites, we automatically collect and use Analytical Information, described above, for us to continually improve your experience with our websites and to target marketing communications and advertising to you.
Marketing: We may use your personal information to determine what products may interest you, provide you with marketing communications (unless you have opted out of such communications), and to conduct marketing research. If you contact us via our applications, you may be added to our marketing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
If any personal information is provided to third-parties outside the EEA or who will access the information from outside the EEA, we will ensure approved safeguards are in place, such as the approved standard contractual clauses or the EU-US Privacy Shield. Examples of where these safeguards are in place include where we provide your information to our subsidiaries and divisions for our legitimate business purposes or to our trusted third-parties who provide the types of services mentioned above. All our subsidiaries and divisions sign standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to safeguard the personal information transferred across our businesses to and from the EEA.
We will disclose your personal information if required by law, regulation, or as part of a legal process. If we receive a request from a regulatory body or law enforcement agency, and if permitted under GDPR and other laws, we may disclose certain personal information to such bodies or agencies.
If Kadant is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information and may share or transfer your personal information to the new owners of the business or company or their advisors.
We work hard to protect Kadant and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit.
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Kadant employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
While no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, we strive to protect the information submitted to us. We consider the sensitivity of the personal information we collect, process, and store and use the appropriate technology to protect your personal information. We cannot, however, guarantee its absolute security.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals in certain countries, including the EEA, have certain rights in relation to their personal data. For example, you have the right to request access to your personal information, the right to have a machine-readable copy of your data, the right to correct or update your personal information, and the right to have all your personal information deleted. You also have the right to object to our processing activities, as summarized below.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights as described above, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMPLIANCE AND COOPERATION WITH REGULATORS
We process your information for the purposes described in this policy, based on these legal grounds:
With your consent. We ask for your agreement to process your information for specific purposes and you may withdraw your consent at any time.
When pursuing legitimate interests. We process your information for our legitimate interests while applying safeguards that protect your privacy. This means we process your information for things like:
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our websites to meet the needs of our users
- Developing new products and features
- Understanding how people use our websites to improve the performance of our websites
- Marketing to inform users about our products
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security, or technical issues with our websites and
- Protecting against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Kadant, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
When entering into or performing a contract. We process your data to provide a product or service you have asked for under a contract or when you have asked us to sign a contract.
When complying with legal obligations. We will process your data when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if we are responding to legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
If you have questions about our legal basis for processing information, you may contact us at email@example.com. You can contact your local data protection authority if you have concerns regarding your rights under local law or would like to file a complaint.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
We use “cookies” and other similar technologies (e.g., internet tag technologies, web beacons, and embedded scripts) to help provide you with a better, more personalized user experience. A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. We use these technologies to help us understand and improve how visitors use our websites, including which pages and products are viewed most frequently.
Our websites may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third-party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. Because your browser connects to those third parties' web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties can set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons and similar technologies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. For example, in Google Chrome, you can block or delete cookies by clicking Settings > Show advanced settings > Content settings > Cookies. In Microsoft Edge, you can block or delete cookies by clicking Settings > Privacy > Cookies. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in other browsers may be available in each browser's privacy or help documentation.
Please note that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to use certain site features and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
We do not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not enter information into this site or engage in our services.