Five Scraper Blade Tips for Food Processing
A scraper blade is sometimes referred to as a roll cleaning, flaking, or doctor blade. It is used to remove contaminants from a roll’s surface in process industries.
Many scraper blade products that are safe for food contact are only marginally effective and could only be used during machine down days. Watch this video for five scraper blade tips for food processing.
Here are five tips for keeping your scraper blades running efficiently:
- Incorporate HAACP International food safe scraper blades into your process.
- Change scraper blades at least monthly to ensure safe production.
- Change blades anytime the machine is cleaned.
- Change scraper blades anytime there may be blade damage.
- Use a blade change indicator.
View more ProTip videos on our ProTip YouTube playlist.