5 Tips to Ask a Creping Blade Supplier
- Does the supplier have extensive field presence in all regions important for your business? When a tissue machine requires maintenance and troubleshooting, or needs immediate attention, the convenience of a knowledgeable supplier nearby is valuable.
- Are there certified technicians on staff? The Yankee is the most important part of the tissue machine. The doctors are also critical components. Improperly maintained doctors can lead to chatter marks and Yankee damage. Mechanical service of Yankee doctors by a certified technician provides reassurance the job is getting done correctly.
- Is onsite blade wear, angle analysis, and process monitoring available? Using an accurate measurement device for regular reporting is key to ensuring that doctors are installed properly. Blade wear and angle analysis should be included with this reporting. Also, real-time process monitoring can better diagnosis vibration issues.
- Are application experts available to troubleshot issues not directly related to doctors? When a machine goes down and your Yankee doctor technician doesn’t have a team of experts to review the issue from all angles, it could lead to more downtime.
- Can the supplier be a partner in the entire process? It’s important that your supplier take full ownership of the creping process from the doctoring equipment to the blades. A blade supplier only provides blades when an order is placed. A partner will aid in installation, monitor progress, and troubleshoot when necessary.
Download this information as an infographic.