In many manufacturing processes, steam is superheated and distributed at high-pressure for efficiency reasons. The pipe sizes required to transport the high-pressure steam are smaller due to the low specific volume of the steam, and turbine efficiency is optimized when high pressure superheated steam is used. Kadant desuperheaters are designed to reduce the temperature of superheated steam for optimal heat transfer and efficiency.
- Desuperheater sizes range from 2" to 30" for wide application
- Steam system knowledge is applied to design and sizing
- Superheated steam temperature reduction improves heat transfer properties
- No moving parts or special supports required
- Optional control package available
Kadant desuperheaters are custom designed for each application and are available in various materials. The simple yet efficient design allows for direct installation into the stream pipeline with flanged connections. All desuperheaters can be installed in either horizontal, vertical, or diagonal pipelines providing there is sufficient straight run both upstream and downstream of the desuperheater.